Sunday 2 November 2014

Liebster Award

Image by Regina at The Solo Mama 

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!!!!! Yay!!! Well, I had no idea what this was at first so for those that don’t know: The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers and is a great way to connect and spread blogging love :)
The rules of the awards are:  

Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the questions given to you.
Nominate other bloggers with less than 500 followers whose blogs you love.
Post 10 questions for your nominees to answer 

I’ve actually been nominated 4 times for this award now. Thank you so much for all of these nominations! I’ve only been blogging for six weeks so it’s a lovely thought that other bloggers have found me somehow. I would love to answer all of their questions and hopefully I will in another post but for now I’ve decided to answer the questions from Mamavsteacher as it’s her ones that really got me thinking. There were even a couple of days where I was walking around pushing the buggy thinking about certain answers. So here they are:

1. If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why?

I’d probably say somewhere hot and tropical, sitting on the beach with a cocktail in my hand, going for a swim in the clear blue waters of the calm sea everyday. Yeah right…! In reality though I’m not sure baby would like those hot temperatures and all of my family and friends are in the UK so I’d say I’d still be in Brighton but in a bigger house with a bigger garden :)

2. What’s your favourite season of the year? And why?

I love Autumn! I love the atmosphere, the temperature change (not too hot but not yet freezing), beautiful skylines with the sun low in the sky, wonderful colours with the change of seasons, cosy clothes (jeans, knee high boots and wooly cardigans), and my birthday is in the Autumn :)

3.  Which three novels would you recommend to everybody you meet because you couldn’t put them down?

Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
Sylvia by Leonard Michaels

4. What is your favourite way to recover from a long and bad day?

Either by going for a nice relaxing swim, having a hot bath and watching an uplifting film or a night out/in with partner or friends :)

5. Do you like or dislike meeting new people? Why?

I really enjoy meeting new people. I’m quite a sociable person and enjoy meeting interesting, creative, positive and worldly people. I’ve travelled a lot, worked in different roles and am open to new experiences so like connecting with a variety of people. As I’ve just started blogging I would love to meet other bloggers.

6. The classic: What would you do today if you knew you could not fail?

Oooo, I’d write a book! :)

7. Is there a new habit you would like to start? What has been stopping you?

I would like to get into the habit of going to bed earlier and doing a bit of novel reading before bedtime. What has been stopping me is the temptation to start blogging/tweeting/texting at these hours!

8. What is your favourite thing to do first thing in the morning?

My favourite thing would be going back to sleep but since I have no choice I get up with baby each day at 7am, except at weekends :) Of course, seeing that chubby 'just woken up' face is a consolation.

9. How are you going to remember your life at the moment in a few years time?

Probably as idyllic! I’m sure I’ll forget about the tantrums and dramas! I’ll remember lots of baby cuddles, family love and trips to the seaside :)

10. Is there something you love to do, although most people dislike it?

Yes, pub quizzes! I really enjoy them and like pondering on the obscure questions. I also like the competition element but I’m not very good at them and can only answer a few random questions but they are good fun and it’s nice for way to catch up with friends and have a laugh. I know a lot of people who hate them with a passion though!

I have nominated the following:
  1. Emily Morrice Our Nest in the City 
  2. Georgia at My Generous Life 
  3. Kohl Mama at Kohl Mama
  4. Steph at Misplaced Brit  
  5. Ria at Dribbles and Giggles  
  6. Carla from Toddle Babes  
  7. Sanna at Wave to Mummy 
  8. Zoe at Mummy's Journey  
  9. Alice at Alice in Boots
  10. Sophie at Cider with Sophie
Here are my questions:
  1. If you could live in any year or era which would it be and why?
  2. Describe yourself in five words
  3. What is the kindest thing you have ever done for someone?
  4. Where do you live and what are your top three things about the location?
  5. Which is the best country you have ever visited and why?
  6. If you won one million pounds what would be the first thing you bought?
  7. If you could change any aspect of your life (without any complications) what would it be and why?
  8. Who or what is the greatest love of your life? (I stole this question from the Guardian newspaper)
  9. Are you an introvert or extrovert?
  10. What is your greatest achievement to date?
Hope these get you thinking! Look forward to seeing your answers :)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Polly and Pip | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig